Sep 8, 2013

Sunday Stitches

Sunday stitching found me working away in my sewing room on a special request. My dad has taken up photography in his retirement, and it turns out that he is really very good! He needs some fabric envelopes to protect images that he has printed but have yet to be framed. He requires specific sizes and asked me to make them 20x30, 22x28, and 18x24. I added a 1/2" seam allowance and set to work.

Just one example of my dad's fabulous work.

After cutting out the rectangles, I serged all the edges to prevent fraying. In order to provide a finished edge, I simply folded down the tops of the fabric the same amount as the serging. After stitching it secure, it was only a matter of straight line sewing to create the envelopes. He also asked that the envelopes have some type of closure. I don't really like working with velcro, so we decided upon some of my favourite kamsnaps. They wash well and won't scratch the printed photographs. We decided to identify the envelopes using various colours of kamsnaps so that Dad will know exactly what size of envelope he is looking for. I had lots of fun working on this project, and I know that my dad will find the envelopes very useful.




Work is also coming along on Mr Darcy's tote bag and soon I will have some pictures of the finished product to share. This week might even see the beginnings of the dog bone Christmas stocking project. I know one pup who is being extra good so that her own stocking will be full of goodies!


I am ALWAYS good, Mom!

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment