Sep 22, 2013

Sunday Stitches - A Bag for Brock

Well, here we are at Sunday again! Time sure is flying by. Things are really bustling over here in the Bryer Patch studio. Plenty of new babies to celebrate has meant lots of tote bags zipping along in production. Today I want to share a sweet tote bag that is all boy! Lots of camel and red, combined with touches of black and a delicious plaid. I just love plaid, it reminds me fall and all things cozy. As I have been sewing away today, apple crisp is baking in the oven and spaghetti and meatballs are simmering away in the kitchen. Fall really has arrived, bringing with it yummy smells and tastes. Can't wait for dinner! Here is a bit more information about the bag that was ordered for Brock.


This bag is heading off to live with a new little bookworm! I am hoping this bag accompanies Brock and his family on many trips to the library to load up on books. In order to accommodate carrying heavy loads of books, I reinforced the handles with box stitches and added a wide handle for carrying. The colours of this bag make me think of sock monkeys, and I had just the perfect little special touch for the back! Yup - that's a sock monkey tag. Cuteness overload or what ?


Cute sock money tag! 

A few other bags are currently in production to celebrate birthdays and baby showers. Stay tuned for more information in upcoming posts. Also very exciting is a project I am working on the celebrate a 1st birthday. The birthday boy's mom has ordered a party hat and bib for his special day. The party is a Thomas the Train theme, so I have used blue polka dots and lots of railroad stripes. The finished product will soon be ready for sharing, so check back very soon. In the meantime, here are a few more pictures of the bag that is on its way to celebrate Brock's arrival! Have a happy day, friends!












No comments:

Post a Comment