Sep 12, 2013

September Fuel

September is always very busy at our house. Of course, there is the fact that school starts once again, but our girls also celebrate their birthday at the beginning of the month. For these reasons, September always feels like the beginning of the year to me, even more so than January. All things seem fresh and new. Things like sheets of crisp lined paper, unsharpened pencils just waiting to unleash their potential across blank pages, and pristine lunch bags still untouched by the ravages of their daily commute. Even shoes look clean and scuff free, if only for a short time.




 For me, September means potential and promise. The highs and lows of this school year remain unwritten, but right now the excitement that runs through our home is palpable and real. I try to gather up these feelings and tuck them away to bring out when the rainy, darker days rear their grumpy heads. For I know they will come. When homework becomes a burden rather than a novelty, and early risings loom endless on the horizon, and blankets of snow quiet the world outside bedroom windows. And then, when the shoes are scuffed, and the pencils sharpened to a point of no return, I will reach back into September's bag of tricks. I will pull out the rays of sunshine that I have hidden away for tricky days, and I will use them to keep us all moving forward.



But for now, we are intent upon filling up on all that September has to offer us,  just like we loaded up fresh backpacks with shiny new school supplies. We are stockpiling! Our most favourite way to do this is to celebrate the birth of the twins. We fuel September's promise with cake, decorations, and family. I hope that all of you are finding ways to enjoy this wonderful month. I'm off to continue my scavenging for September goodies. Before I go, here are some pictures of September happiness that I have added to my collection. Have a happy day - and happy "new" year!

Oh happy day!

Tea for two - happy birthday, girlies!








No comments:

Post a Comment