Oct 1, 2013

There's an Elephant in the Room!

Recently I had an order for a tote bag and bib to be given as a gift for a baby shower. Elephants are really big (if you'll pardon the pun!) at the moment, and I think they are a very gender neutral option as well. The baby shower had a very fun theme; bring a book along with something to do with the year 2013. So, I created a sweet book bag and embroidered the year on the front.





I chose a neutral grey and added cherry red to keep things fairly neutral, given that it is not known if the baby is a boy or a girl. I used lots of polka dots (of course!) to add whimsy and fun. The handles are accented with a grey and white polka dot and Ellie the Elephant is soft and cozy flannel. The inside is my absolute favourite part though - red and white polka dots!!! Nothing could be better ; )


You know what? That elephant was just so darn cute, that I had to add it to a bib as well. I used the grey and white flannel polka dots again, thinking that the soft flannel would be so gentle for wiping baby's chubby cheeks : ) I used my favourite bib pattern , it is generous in size and covers little tummies during feeding. The bib is made from a durable cotton/polyester blend that washes beautifully. I added a bright red snap and there you have it - a matching bib! 


This combo was really fun to create. It headed off to the baby shower stuffed with books and goodies for the new baby. I'm sure that both bag and bib will come in handy for the new mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment