Oct 6, 2013

Sunday Stitches...or Stirrings?

Well, there really wasn't too much time to spend in my sewing room today, but that's alright! I was busy   stirring up a storm and getting all ready for our Thanksgiving festivities. It's always the same lovely routine where we gather up all of our cookbooks and set about making our grocery list.  After all of these years, I think we can almost get the veggies dishes whipped up without looking at the recipes, but every year it starts the same way, and that's just how we like it! We flip through our dog-eared cookbooks to find our favourites. The cookbooks are showing their age - full of marks and rips from so much use which makes them all that much better!


Then, off to Starbucks to fuel up for our grocery shopping adventures (ok, that part is probably not crucial, but it sure makes the process more fun!) : ) After heading home to unload our groceries, we were all set to get to work. Before long the kitchen smelled delicious!


We like to get a lot of the cooking done before all of our family arrives so that we can enjoy their company over the weekend. We managed to get three casseroles finished up and put in the freezer, and we even ordered out turkey. In all honesty, I have delegated a few jobs this year. We ordered some pumpkin pies from a lovely local bakery, and most exciting, some amazing cookies from http://sugarandlovebakery.com. I can't wait to pick them up, and I'm sure these beautiful cookies will be a perfect centrepiece for our holiday table.  I'll be sure to post a picture when I receive them.

Sweet potato casserole, veggies supreme, and turnips with apples

My sewing room was not totally neglected though. I did get a few dog bone patterns cut out and am getting ready to sew up a whole big bunch of doggie stockings for the next big holiday. Yup! That would be Christmas. It will be here before we know it so I had better get sewing!





1 comment: