Apr 28, 2014

First Birthday Flower Power!

My latest sewing obsession has got to be baby onesies. They are like a tiny blank canvas just waiting to be all dolled up with cuteness. Recently, I was contacted by Kristin over at Sugar & Love Bakery http://sugarandlovebakery.com about making her daughter a sweet onesie. Last week Kristin made me a baby shower cake, which deserves its own blog post entirely. I took so many photos, and I will share them soon. Kristin told me she had a red skirt all ready for the big first birthday party, and she wanted a personalized onesie to top it all off, and to wear at the cake smash photo shoot. Cake? Polka dots? Baby onesie?  Red and turquoise? I'm all over this assignment!


Being that spring is sure to make an appearance sometime soon, I decided that a flower design would be perfect. The flower has ragged edges, which provide a sense of dimension and whimsy to the design. The green leaves have a bit of silver sparkle to them, so it only made sense to bling it up!  Here is a close up of this cheery little flower.

A little birthday bling, anyone?
I know that little Sophie will have a marvellous celebration for her first birthday, and I was thrilled to add just a little something special to the big day. Happy Birthday, Sophie!


No comments:

Post a Comment