Apr 15, 2014

April Showers Bring.....Snowflakes???


Yesterday's raindrops had me thinking of planting my spring flower pots, and dreaming of the blooms of summer. April showers bring May flowers! Today is an entirely different story - April showers turned into enormous April snowflakes. We are back into full on winter. A veritable snow storm rages outside my window this morning, and I think we can all agree that winter can take its leave now. Even my dog has no interest in her usual long walk today - around the block and home is all we managed. So, for now, I am using this day to work away in my sewing room. But I will really be daydreaming about summer flowers in full bloom and toe dipping on hot days.




 I hope that this nasty bit of weather passes quickly, and that we are soon surrounded by warmth and sunshine. In the meantime, I can hear a pitiful yelp at my back door. Off to let my little Rosie in from the cold so she can curl up on the sewing room rug and be my assistant. Stay warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment