Apr 23, 2014

Burps, Bears, and Buckets

This week is full of preparations for my brother's baby shower this coming Saturday. It's lots of fun to see everything coming together, and to start setting up the decorations. My mom arrived today to give me a hand, so we will have to get to work!

I finished sewing up the last of the items for my gift to the baby. I might have gotten a little, teeny bit carried away, but it has been so much fun! One of the final things I wanted to complete was a really cute little project I saw on Pinterest. Every new mom can certainly use plenty of burp cloths for so many reasons. They come in handy, and I remember using them regularly with my girls. So when I saw this adorable "Bucket O' Burpies"  fancy burp rags project, I knew it was perfect for that one last little present. 



I used a tutorial for the burp cloths and for the sticker from the See Kate Sew website. Here is the link in case you would like to make your own adorable little bucket for a baby in your life. http://seekatesew.com/bucket-o-burpees/. I just couldn't resist the cute factor in the presentation of such a simple item. I made the burp cloths from a variety of materials, but mostly from some pre-fold diapers and a strip of flannel extra softness. I just used my serger to finish them off, and they were done lickety split! I created a few more with some terry cloth left over from the hooded towel I made earlier, and a couple with some water resistant owl fabric backed with terry which should be great for changing time. Here they are all piled up before I stuffed them into the bucket!

burp cloth pile up!

I printed the label on a piece of the sticker paper that I purchased at Walmart, and then I just cut it out by hand. Of course, I had to make a little teddy bear in matching colours because, as previously mentioned, I got a bit carried away. I can't seem to stop - once I get into my sewing room, I forget about everything else. Isn't this bear the cutest little guy? added a ribbon loop so that he can be hung from one of those colourful links on Lucas' stroller.  And, of course, there are polka dots involved. What fun!


Well, I am off to get to work on all of the little bits of things that must be done before Saturday rolls around. I am really looking forward to seeing all of my family and celebrating together. I will share some pictures early next week, so come on back for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment