May 8, 2014

Mason Jars and Flowers



Anyone else love mason jars? I sure do, and I especially love the Ball glass turquoise ones. They are so pretty, and I prefer the true vintage ones. I actually have one that I found at a thrift shop in Arizona a couple of years ago while visiting my mom and dad. I made my parents drive it all the way back to Ontario - I'm pretty sure my dad couldn't see the meaning in that! It's just a jar after all. But I just couldn't see taking this precious cargo on the airplane in my carry-on bag. It made a safe journey north and it sure looks nice sitting in my sewing room full of buttons. So thanks, Mom and Dad, for hauling it home for me! Here it is, full of yummy vintage buttons, so pretty. 



That brings me to the design of this next Mother's Day bag. A sweet mason jar with a couple of happy looking flowers peeking out. I had the perfect turquoise fabric for the jar, and I added some purple and green to really make it pop. A purple and green polka dot lining finishes off this cheery tote. Mason jars and flowers. What could be better? 


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment