May 2, 2014

A Bag, A Bib, and a Blankie

Happy Friday! It has been a long week, and tonight I am looking forward to ordering pizza and watching a movie with my family. Before I head off on my Friday night adventures, I thought I would share a couple of items that I made as a new baby gift. These items were sent off to a family member, and I am hoping that they come in handy for new baby Rose. She will certainly be colour coordinated!


I have always been partial to a pink and black combo as it is so fresh and crisp. For this set, I added Rose's name in large black and white floral fabric. I added her monogram to a bib and blanket to round out the set. I just happened to have the perfect black and pink flannel, and a coordinating polka dot fabric to line the back of the blanket, along with the back of the bib. I love adding a flannel lining to a bib because it is so easy to wipe little faces with minimum effort! Here are a couple of pictures of both front and back of the bib. I also used a durable snap that will stand up to lots of use and washings.




Every baby need plenty of blankets so I got to work on a soft and cozy flannel wrap for Rose. The flannel washes up nicely, and the blanket is light and soft. Perfect for car trips or walks in the stroller. I added the "R" to the front in the same fabric as I used for the tote bag.



I lined the back of the blanket with the same flannel that I used for the bib so it makes a lovely coordinated set.


Last but not least is the bright pink tote bag. I purchased several of these bags as they looked just perfect for embellishing with names and initials. I usually make all of my bags, but I thought these ones were worth a try. I was not disappointed! With a couple of pockets, and durable handles, this bag will be very useful. While I missed creating the bag from scratch, I think this type of bag would be perfect for carrying swimming lesson gear as the material is water resistant. It would also make a fabulous beach bag regardless of age. I think I might make one for myself in anticipation of summer. 


A pretty bag for Rose Grace


Speaking of roses....my brother and his family sent me the most beautiful flower arrangement to thank me for hosting the baby shower for Lucas. They look so pretty in the front hall. What a treat to have fresh flowers to greet us as we come in the door. 


Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment