May 27, 2014

Grammie Flower Bag

Well, hello! I have a pretty bag to share with you today. What I love most about it is the wonderful exterior fabric. Not long ago, my husband and I took a little jaunt into downtown Toronto. It is only a short drive from where we live, but we don't venture that way often. That particular day, we decided to visit a few of our favourite downtown haunts. One of my happy places is King Textiles on Spadina.   It is two levels of delicious fabrics, notions, and all things sewing. My brain goes into overdrive, and I begin to envision all of the marvellous things I need to create! My find that day was some great denim in a soft, washed grey. Up close, it almost has a linen like appearance, however, it is firmer and more durable. It has made the perfect backdrop for a few embroidery designs.


The inside of this tote bag was lined with another of my favourite fabric patterns, toile. I love the whimsy of toile,and how every design is different, but somehow the same! Usually pastoral in nature, and very delicate in its overall design, toile is classic and fresh. I paired it with a vivid red for this project, and added a silver thread to the center of the flower for emphasis. The result is a crisp and sophisticated bag for a special grandma.



I am working on a couple of end of school year tote bags, and a really fun birthday bag. I just have to get back into my sewing room instead of hanging out in my garden! 

No comments:

Post a Comment