Jul 24, 2014

Zippity-Do-Da - Off to the Spa!

 Birthdays are a big deal - especially when a milestone year is being celebrated. So, when I was asked recently to make something special for a 40th birthday spa party, I knew exactly what was needed! Bright and pretty zipped pouches were the perfect thing to fill up with birthday party goodies for the party goers. Don't the vibrant oranges and pinks just make you happy?











I knew when these were ordered that they had to be large enough to accommodate several items needed for the spa party. So I made the zip pouches plenty big enough to hold a nail file, nail polish, a personalized note pad and a pen. A perfect loot bag! I just happened to have the perfect number of pink zippers in my sewing stash too - 10 to be exact. It was so much fun pulling together the fabrics for the exteriors and the linings all in keeping with the orange and pink theme.





I heard that the party was a great success, and I was happy to contribute something to the party. Another great thing about using these zip pouches as a loot bag, is that they can be used in so many other ways later on. I am guessing that these pretty little zips would be perfect for carrying makeup or other small items in a purse. They also make great little bags for travel, or pretty pencil cases.

Each zip has a unique lining

I really had fun whipping these cuties up, and I am thinking of adding some to my Etsy shop. What do you think? I think they would be perfect for bridal showers, cosmetic bags, birthday parties, even as a small clutch for an evening out. A variation on one of my favourites, the bow wristlet/clutch.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/194294890/bow-wristlet-clutch-grey-denimpink?ref=shop_home_active_5
These were so much fun to create, and I was sad to see them leave my sewing room to be honest! I guess that means I will just have to make a few more. We have a sunny day here, so off to spend a bit of time in my garden before it gets too hot. Have a happy day, and if you feel you need a few happy zippy pouches in your life just send me a note! After all, I do need an excuse to make even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment