Jun 3, 2014

Colourful Totes for Two Brothers

These two brothers are all set for summer activities with their brand new tote bags! Great for toting books at the library, or hauling toys to the beach, these durable denim bags will come in handy. They would also be great for a weekend trip to visit Grandma, as they can be stuffed full of goodies for a car ride, or used for holding pyjamas and a special blankie and toy.





I decided to use panels of different colours of denim for added detail, and created the names with filled stitch as opposed to appliqué. The back of the tote bags is different from the front, with only two coloured panels.


The bright colours are just perfect for two little boys. Lately I have been having a love affair with the colour orange, and I happened to have just enough of the perfect fabric to use for the lining of Charlie's tote bag. I kept the names matching in terms of colours and added a whimsical star lining to Nolan's tote.



I really had fun working with all this colour! Just this afternoon, during an absolute downpour, I finished up the last of four tote bags that are going to be teacher gifts at the end of the school year. When the sun finally came out again, I got organized and took plenty of photos to share with you. I have three more end of school year totes to get finished up, so that is the goal for this week. Stay tuned for more photos when I have them all done. Hope the sun is shining where you are! The only advantage to our odd rain/sun days so far this week, is that I haven't needed to water my newly planted flowers in the evening. They are growing beautifully, and I finally feel that summer is almost here! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment