Sep 15, 2014

Polka Dots and Fashionable Foxes

School has started, I have witnessed a few pumpkins on my morning walks, and the leaves are beginning to turn. You know what that means - Christmas is not too far away!!! Now, before you panic, remember that those of us who create handmade items generally think of the holiday season long before most other people. That's because there is usually a big demand for product in a short time span. Things can be especially crazy when you create a personalized item. It takes time see a tote bag through to completion. There is the consultation with the purchaser, the decision about fabrics, the computer designing to be done, the cutting of fabric, and finally the actual embroidery and sewing. Being that my tote bags are handmade and personalized, I don't have an inventory at hand as each item is so unique. So, all this being said, if you are thinking of putting an initial tote or personalized item under your tree, now is a great time to let me know! You will also be able to say that you got a head start on your shopping list.

These two initial totes left my sewing studio last week, and they were the first Christmas orders this season. The lady who ordered them is planning to be very eco friendly and fill the bags up with clothing and other items for her granddaughters. I think that is such a great idea! Less wrapping paper is a goal of mind this year, so I might have a squeeze a few holiday bags of my own into the schedule.



Polka dots and bunch of fashionable foxes - what could be better? The reds, greys and yellows are such fun. I am now getting set to work on a few more bags with lots of turquoise and grey. Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment